Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
BEAUTIFUL BEACHES & CORALS
Rent a bike in Unawatuna which is blessed with palm-lined beaches, turquoise waters and a good selection of guesthouses and restaurants.
Rent a bike in Unawatuna
Unawatuna is a major tourist attraction in Sri Lanka and known for its beach and corals.
The location of Unawatuna is superb, with the historic city of Galle just 6km away and a wooded headland to the west dotted with tiny coves.
Unawatuna is blessed with palm-lined beaches, turquoise waters and a good selection of guesthouses and restaurants.
Off the coast of Unawatuna, beneath the Indian Ocean lies a number of coral reefs, shipwrecks, and a great variety of fish and turtles. The turtles still wade onto the shore to lay their nests and eggs, and at times, as if to lay first claim to the sandy shore now invaded by the tourists and dotted by restaurateurs, even go right into the beach front restaurants.
Why select Sri Lanka as a motorcycle riding destination?
- Fuel stations available throughout the island.
- Just one call away – great mobile communication and mobile data in any part of the island.
- Well constructed road network with good sign boards.
- Find eateries with hygienic food, mineral water and soft drinks.
- B&B hotels, motels and guest houses are available at affordable prices.
- Get to meet a lot of friendly people who like to try their English 🙂